Horse-drawn hearse one of the attractions at unique event in Aylsham to talk about death
- Credit: Archant
A unique event to discuss what happens after we die will be taking place in Aylsham.
Aylsham Parish Church are hosting the day to allow people to discuss funerals, death and grief, and to explore the questions some may find hard to ask.
Working with local funeral directors, Ivan Fisher Funerals, the group hopes to encourage people to talk about what can often be a taboo subject.
Revd Canon Andrew Beane, team rector, said: 'If we truly want to celebrate someone's life we need to encourage people to talk to their closest relatives or friends about their wishes. If they can't talk then perhaps write down the type of music, hymns and readings that they think would help those grieving.'
The event runs today (Friday, May 19) at 10am to 3pm at the church on Market Place.
You may also want to watch:
- For more information visit www.dyingmatters.org/page/AwarenessWeek2017.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 9 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace