Hopton-based resort Potters’ live social media video racks up more than 100,000 views in less than a day
- Credit: Supplied
A holiday resort with a 97-year history has proved it is moving with the times after a live video posted on social media attracted 100,000 views in less than a day.
Potters broadcast its first Facebook Live video, which allows users to stream footage live, on Monday evening.
The 34-minute video was filmed at the Atlas Theatre and featured members of Potters Theatre Company.
The clip captured the attention of social media users - with 100,000 views racked up within 20 hours, along with 550 shares and more than 1,000 comments.
Behind the video, which as of yesterday had 133,000 views, was Potters entertainment director, Nigel Pattle, who said: 'We stage live entertainment at Potters every night of the year and wanted to showcase some of the amazing talent that is to be found on the east coast.
You may also want to watch:
'We have a fantastic following of loyal Facebook fans, so wanted to do something special for them, but also show people who have never been here before what Potters is all about.
'The response has been incredible and what was amazing was that it was all live, so we could read comments and feedback in real time.'
- 1 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 2 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 3 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 4 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 5 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 6 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 7 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 10 Boss unhappy over fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip
He said the team was planning to broadcast more live streams to showcase the talent at the resort.
'What's great for viewers is that there's no editing or trickery as it was filmed live, so people get to hear the quality of the vocals,' he added.
Acts included in the film were Frankie's Guys - who celebrate the music of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons - Ellie Broad, Sion Hathway and well-known entertainer Buzby Allen.
Fans of Potters posted their approval of the clip on Facebook, with Nicola Vincent saying it was the 'best Monday night ever'.
Nicola Younger posted: 'I used to come to Potters as a child. Am so going to book a break with my own children.
'It's been more than 25 years since I was last there and cannot believe that Nigel, Buz and Mark are still there. This has made my day... the best memories.'
For more information on Potters Resort visit www.pottersholidays.comDo you have an unusual story we should be writing about? Email email@example.com