Honour for long-serving staff member at Southwold’s Adnams
A long serving member of staff at Southwold brewery Adnams has celebrated 40 years of working for the firm.
Michael Ladd joined the company on Monday, November 8 1971 for the company's finance team based at the East Green office where his first pay packets were the princely sum of �35 a month.
Mr Ladd, who has also been mayor of Southwold and is a town councillor, is now the company's manager for human resources.
Recalling the early days of his career Mr Ladd said: 'One of my first jobs, which I kept for many years, was winding up the grandfather clock which still stands on the landing.
'I can remember the first photocopier we had, which was a wet one and we had to hang the copy up for a few minutes to dry.
You may also want to watch:
'Adnams has changed considerably over my 40 years, but I have to say many of them were for the better and I have worked with many interesting people.
'Some of course were more interesting that others!'
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 4 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 5 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 8 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 9 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 10 Man fined for swearing at neighbours during lockdown barbeque
As a celebration of Mr Ladd's long service he was presented with a framed brewing record form his first day at work.
A spokesman for Adnams said: 'Congratulations Michael on your 40 years of service with Adnams.'