Woman in her 80s injured in A47 Honingham crash which closed road for more than four hours
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
An elderly woman sustained injuries to her hip and leg after a crash which caused a major road to be closed for more than four hours.
It happened on the A47 at Honingham yesterday (Sunday) around 3.30pm, when a grey Hyundai and a white Ford Kuga crashed into each other.
The Hyundai was pulling out of the junction at Berrys Lane, while the Ford was travelling along the A47 towards Dereham.
The driver of the Hyundai, a woman aged in her 80s, sustained injuries to her hip and leg and was taken to hospital for treatment.
The road was closed whilst emergency services attended, but was reopened shortly after 8pm.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the crash.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident, should contact Wymondham Roads Policing by calling 101.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?