Woman in her 80s injured in A47 Honingham crash which closed road for more than four hours
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
An elderly woman sustained injuries to her hip and leg after a crash which caused a major road to be closed for more than four hours.
It happened on the A47 at Honingham yesterday (Sunday) around 3.30pm, when a grey Hyundai and a white Ford Kuga crashed into each other.
The Hyundai was pulling out of the junction at Berrys Lane, while the Ford was travelling along the A47 towards Dereham.
The driver of the Hyundai, a woman aged in her 80s, sustained injuries to her hip and leg and was taken to hospital for treatment.
The road was closed whilst emergency services attended, but was reopened shortly after 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the crash.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident, should contact Wymondham Roads Policing by calling 101.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut