Homes without water and A146 near Norwich partially blocked as a result of burst main
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A busy A-road has been partially blocked this morning following a burst water main on the A146 near Norwich.
Police are currently at the scene of the incident directing traffic on the Loddon Road, in Framingham Pigot, which has flooded part of the road.
The incident has also resulted in local properties being without water.
The flooding is near the Old Feathers public house at the Fox Road junction.
A fire crew from Carrow station has been in attendance since about 6.30am this morning pumping water away from nearby properties.
You may also want to watch:
Anglian Water engineers are currently at the scene.
A spokesman from Anglian Water said: 'We apologise to customers in Framingham Pigot who currently have no water or low water pressure. This is caused by a burst water main and we are working hard to restore your supply. Our current estimated time for this is approximately 4pm on Sunday.'
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 5 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 6 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 7 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 8 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 9 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
- 10 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
'Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience caused by this interruption to your service.'
Have you been affected by the burst main? Email email@example.com