Homes plans submitted off Diss green
Plans have been submitted for new homes off an historic green in Diss.
GN Rackham and Sons wants to build five houses on a disused builder's yard and car park, off Fair Green.
The proposals, which fall within the conservation area, have been submitted to South Norfolk Council.
The scheme would be a mix of single and two-storey houses and access to the site would be served from Fair Green.
The applicant is proposing junction improvements at Denmark Lane.
You may also want to watch:
However, the plans have received objections from local residents Richard Ware and Jackie Collins who have raised concerns about the impact on the green and pedestrian and cycle safety.
In a letter to the district council, they said: 'The tragedy of Fair Green is that encroachment by commercial interests have continued since its registration as a village green many years ago, and challenges to its vulnerable status continue. Clearly, the planning authority needs to take seriously the imperative of 'protection of important spaces' and of registered village green values, as well as the increasing risk to pedestrians and cyclists in this rare and beautiful place.'
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 9 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 10 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash