Homes plan for Wymondham pub are submitted
- Credit: Archant
Plans to convert the Windmill pub in Norwich Road into three homes have been submitted to South Norfolk Council by developers Vello Ltd.
Last September Vello withdrew plans to tear down the building and replace it with four bungalows.
That submission came under fire from residents who launched a campaign to put the building, which is in a conservation area, into community hands.
The Windmill is thought to be about 500 years old.
The original plan attracted dozens of objections from those concerned over the loss of the pub.
Wymondham mayor Joe Mooney, who was chairman of the district authority's planning committee at the time when the September plans were dropped, said: 'From a planning policy point of view I am pleased that the application to demolish the building has been withdrawn.'
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 8 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75