Homes in Dereham without water for several hours as Anglian Water attempts to fix burst main
- Credit: Matthew Usher
There have been further delays in restoring water to several homes in Dereham.
Anglian Water workmen are attempting to fix a burst water main in the Normandy Drive area of the town.
There has been no water supply at some homes since 5.30am.
Anglian Water had estimated that the problem would be fixed by 1pm but are now saying the problems are expected to be resolved by 5pm.
Anglian Water said in a statement: 'We're really sorry but some customers in Normandy Drive, Dereham may have low water pressure or no water at all.
You may also want to watch:
'We've got a burst main in your area that we're working hard to get fixed, so that we can get your supply back to normal as soon as possible.
'When the water is back it may look a little cloudy or discoloured, just run your tap for a couple of minutes and it should clear.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water