‘You are all on benefits whilst I’m on my way to Turkey’ - ‘homeless hero’ of Manchester bombing goaded ex-partner after fooling nation
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
The 'homeless hero' who stole a purse and mobile phone in the aftermath of the Manchester Arena bombing boasted about the thousands of pounds he received from well-wishers, according to members of his family.
Chris Parker, 33, who has lived in Norwich, was initially hailed for his actions at the scene of the terrorist attack but later admitted to taking the purse of Pauline Healey as her granddaughter lay dying nearby.
However, when confronted about his claims of bravery by ex-girlfriend Michelle Ray and her mother Suzanne Thomson, Parker mocked the pair's financial position.
The Sunday Mirror reports Parker sent a tirade of messages to the mother of his former partner in which he said: 'You are just jel cause I've got 52 grand.
'And you are all on benefits whilst I'm on my way to Turkey . . . you are all just a bunch of scruffs . . . look at my bank account 52 grand richer.'
On Wednesday, January 3, Parker pleaded guilty at Manchester crown court to two counts of theft and one count of fraud.
The money raised for Parker through the online appeal is currently being returned to donors.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 3 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 4 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 5 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 6 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 7 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 8 Soldier from Norwich jailed over rape of girl
- 9 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 10 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend