‘You are all on benefits whilst I’m on my way to Turkey’ - ‘homeless hero’ of Manchester bombing goaded ex-partner after fooling nation
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
The 'homeless hero' who stole a purse and mobile phone in the aftermath of the Manchester Arena bombing boasted about the thousands of pounds he received from well-wishers, according to members of his family.
Chris Parker, 33, who has lived in Norwich, was initially hailed for his actions at the scene of the terrorist attack but later admitted to taking the purse of Pauline Healey as her granddaughter lay dying nearby.
However, when confronted about his claims of bravery by ex-girlfriend Michelle Ray and her mother Suzanne Thomson, Parker mocked the pair's financial position.
The Sunday Mirror reports Parker sent a tirade of messages to the mother of his former partner in which he said: 'You are just jel cause I've got 52 grand.
'And you are all on benefits whilst I'm on my way to Turkey . . . you are all just a bunch of scruffs . . . look at my bank account 52 grand richer.'
You may also want to watch:
On Wednesday, January 3, Parker pleaded guilty at Manchester crown court to two counts of theft and one count of fraud.
The money raised for Parker through the online appeal is currently being returned to donors.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich