Home-Start charity in Breckland and South Norfolk receives Bernard Matthews grant
A support network for young families in Breckland and South Norfolk has received a financial boost from the Bernard Matthews Fund.
Home-Start Breckland and South Norfolk is an independent registered charity, helping families in the market towns of Attleborough, Thetford, Diss, Wymondham and surrounding villages.
The charity has received a �1,000 grant from Bernard Matthews Farms to contribute towards the costs of outings for families with young children receiving support from the Home-Start network.
Martyn Lane, chair of trustees for Home-Start Breckland and South Norfolk, said: 'Our team is really at the heart of supporting families through difficult times and helping to give their children the best possible start in life. This donation will enable us to finance several family outings over the summer, providing quality time for families to spend together.'
The Bernard Matthews Fund was launched in October 2009 and as already provided over �26,000 in grants across Norfolk, north Suffolk and Lincolnshire.
Andrew Sherwood, human resources director at Bernard Matthews Farms, said: 'The fund aims to give at a truly local level and make a real difference to communities, such as Home-Start Breckland and South Norfolk. This is a worthy project benefiting families all over South Norfolk and fulfils a crucial role within the community.'
To find out more information about the fund or how to apply for grants, visit www.norfolkfoundation.com/Bernard-Matthews-Fund.htm
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 7 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk