Home is decorated again for King’s Lynn hosptial appeal
A couple have once again decorated their home with festive light displays in the hope of raising more money than ever for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.
The home of Tony Fox, and his wife Rosemary, in Clockcase Road, Clenchwarton, lights up the night sky now it is covered in displays of Santas, reindeers and snowflakes.
Their efforts this year for the Christmas Lights Extravaganza are in aid of the hospital's critical-care unit.
Mr Fox said: 'We've covered our home in lights for the last 16 years, and have more recently used it as an opportunity to raise funds for the hospital.
'People always give generously because I think it's a local cause that's close to people's hearts.'
He added: 'And despite the wind and rain on Saturday, families still came out for the first of our Christmas events and to see Father Christmas in his grotto.'
This Saturday, there will be face painting. Children's entertainer Crazy Bananas will be paying a visit on Saturday, December 12.
- 1 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 6 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 9 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
- 10 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
Closer to Christmas, live music will be performed by Isabella Rose Smith, Yve Mary B and Allan and Steve Barwood on Saturday, December 19.
All events take place between 5pm and 8pm and include a barbecue with drinks as well as fun activities.
- Are you hosting a festive-themed fundraiser? Email firstname.lastname@example.org