Holt Youth Club bank on community’s support
- Credit: TSB
Children in Holt who care for family who are disabled or terminally-ill were able to celebrate Christmas this year - with the support of the local community.
The town's branch of the TSB bank donated £125 to Holt Youth Project to help them to give young carers a Christmas party.
The donation was part of a nationwide community pride donation programme by TSB, to help local causes that bring the community together, or need a little extra support during the festive season.
Lee Thornton, manager at TSB in Holt, said: 'Being part of our local community is really important to us at TSB and so we're delighted to be able to help Holt Youth Project with this donation.
'We chose to donate this money to Holt Youth Project because of the important work they do to give a Christmas party to children and young people in the local community who are caring for parents/family members who are disabled or terminally-ill.'
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year, the TSB in Holt announced its new Local Charity Partner was Holt Youth Project, who provide support and educational opportunities to young people in the community achieve their full potential, together with support for young carers.
Julie Alford, Holt Youth service manager at Holt Youth Project, said: 'I'd like to thank TSB in Holt for this donation.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 6 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 7 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 8 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
'It's great to see a large, national company giving their employees the opportunity to support a local cause. The money they've donated will really make a difference to us and to the community here in Holt.'