Town's Covid 'heroes' honoured with certificates
- Credit: Rodney Smith
Businesses and residents of Holt who have gone above and beyond to help others during the pandemic have been praised as 'Holt Heroes' by the town council.
The council has given out certificates to dozens of recipients, many of which are now being displayed in shop windows around the town.
Gemma Harrison, town clerk, said the Holt Heroes included: "The Treehouse [cafe] making up children’s packed lunches and operating the community fridge, or the Holt Youth Project and Holt Caring Society who continued their much-needed support to the community, the Venue who delivered hot meals to those in need and the many takeaways and shops that stayed open to provide an essential service."
She added: "The town council wanted to formally recognise the support, help and kindness that volunteers, staff and businesses have given to the community and as such presented certificates declaring them a Holt Hero.
"The town council knows that many more volunteers, neighbours and friends throughout the town offered their help and support to others and we also want to extend our thanks to them all."
You may also want to watch:
Holt Heroes certificates have gone to Allards Butchers; Bakers and Larners of Holt Post Office; Barclay's Bank; Benbows; Bird Ventures; B & J Seafoods; Boots Pharmacy; Budgens of Holt; Byfords; Casa Blanca; Crowe's; C T Baker Builders Merchants; Feeney's; First Class Discounts; Holt's Folk Convenience Store; Krusty Loaf; Lords Opticians; Natures Haven Health Products; P & S Butchers; Posh Pets; S.P. Shoe Repairs; Starlings; TSB Bank; Eric's Fish and Chips; Holt Fish Bar.
Other recipients were Nelson Fries 4 U; The Black Apollo Coffee House; The Feathers (Thai); The Owl Tea Rooms; The Treehouse Café; Holt Caring Society; Thurlow Nunn; Holt Youth Project; John Jarvis; Holt Medical Practice and Pharmacy; The Venue; contractor Paddy Jones ; Fr. Howard Stoker; Taste of India; Sunny Chinese Takeaway; Alberts Fish Bar; North Norfolk Fish Company; Sponge; ATS; Rosie's Catering; Sure Computer Systems; STS; Sanders Coaches and residents Sue Brown, Sandy Roper, Kathryn Semmence-Allison, David Owen and Melanie Smith.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 8 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts