Holt Town Council announces diamond jubilee plans for the town
Holt Town Council has announced plans for the town's commemoration of the Queen's diamond jubilee.
The main celebrations will be taking place during the weekend of June 2-4 and will start with a concert at the Community Centre on June 1.
On June 2 there will be a craft fair in Church Street, which will be closed, at 10am-3pm. This will be followed by a royal tea at 4pm-6pm. Everyone is invited to bring a plate of food, tea pot, and cake to share.
Tea will be served in the Parish Hall and everyone is asked to wear a crown and gown. There will also be a cake competition for best decorated cake and cupcake.
On June 3 there will be a hog roast in Church Street with entertainment provided, and tickets will be �10 for adults and �5 for children.
You may also want to watch:
A Civic service will take place at the St Andrew's Church at 3pm.
On the same day there will be a jubilee fun run at Spouts Common from 9am and the first 100 entrants will receive a medal.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 10 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
The jubilee beacon will be lit on June 4 at the common, and it is hoped that it will be lit at noon - the same time the Queen will light hers in London.
Jubilee bunting is currently being made to decorate the town and will be hung from the shops until after the Olympic torch has done through the town on July 4.
? To donate material for the bunting please contact Holt Town Council clerk Di Dann, on 01263 712149 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.