Holt Road closure continues to cause traffic chaos
- Credit: Jo Clark
The closure of the B1149 Holt Road south of Horsford is continuing to cause traffic chaos as drivers try to find alternative routes.
Drivers have been finding themselves stuck in long queues along different routes into Norwich.
The road has been closed to make way for the A1270 Norwich Northern Distributor Road and to allow construction of slip roads for the major junction with the A140 Cromer Road.
The Cromer Road, Drayton High Road and Reepham road have been suggested as routes but traffic lights have been placed on the Cromer road causing further delays.
Work to break up the redundant section of Holt Road has begun, and there will be no access through the site for cyclists or pedestrians.
Drivers took to twitter to have their say.
Jo Clark said: '1.30pm today there were traffic lights and huge queues in both directions. Completely ridiculous to do this at rush hour with no Holt Road.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 4 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 8 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash