Holt man set to run marathon for his wife
- Credit: submitted
A husband is set to compete in the London Marathon as a tribute to his wife who has cystic fibrosis.
Holt man Howard Foale, 48, is running the 26.2 mile Virgin London Marathon race which takes place on Sunday, April 21, for Team CF (cystic fibrosis).
Upmost on his mind will be his wife Louise, who is his motivation for taking part in the run and who lost her sister to cystic fibrosis six years ago.
He said 'My lovely wife Louise is 45, which is considered to be quite old for someone with CF. Those with the condition have a huge daily treatment burden every day and only half will live past their 41st birthday.
'As Louise gets older she does get poorlier so it is hugely important that we keep raising money to fund research into new treatments.
You may also want to watch:
'I love my wife very much, she is a wonderful, vibrant person and I want to do all I can to support her.'
He is hoping to cross the line in under six hours and his fundraising target is £2,500.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 4 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 5 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 6 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 7 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 8 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 9 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 10 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
He added: 'If I can inspire even one person to join me and fundraise for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust I'll be thrilled.'
Mr Foale can be sponsored at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/HowardFoale .
The Team CF events team can be contacted on 0300 373 1100 or email email@example.com