From Pretty Woman to Harry Potter: Holkham to host range of outdoor cinema and theatre events
Cinema and theatre lovers are in for a treat this summer.
As well as hosting Lionel Richie, Holkham Estate are set to put on a range of open-air events between June and August.
The Luna Cinema will be transforming the grounds of the walled garden into the ideal setting for screenings of Pretty Woman and Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
These will take place on Friday, June 29 and Saturday, June 30 respectively.
A range of open-air theatre performances are also scheduled, for shows such as The Railway Children, The Midnight Gang, Treasure Island, The Adventures of Dr Dolittle, The Tempest and Journey to the Centre of the Earth.
The performances kick off on July 25 and are being put on by various theatre companies, including Strange Fascination, Illyria and The Lord Chamberlain’s Men.
Holkham said tickets for all events would be available to purchase shortly.
Full list of events:
• Pretty Woman, open-air cinema, June 29, 9.15pm
• Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, open-air cinema, June 30, 9.15pm
• The Railway Children, outdoor theatre by Heartbreak Productions, July 25, 6.15pm
• Treasure Island, outdoor theatre by Boxtree Productions, August 1, 6.15pm
• The Adventures of Dr Dolittle, outdoor theatre by Illyria, August 8, 6.15pm
• Journey to the Centre of the Earth, outdoor theatre by Strange Fascination, August 15, 6.15pm
• The Midnight Gang, outdoor theatre by Heartbreak Productions, August 23, 5.45pm
• The Tempest, outdoor theatre by The Lord Chamberlain’s Men, August 29m 6.30pm
For more information visit holkham.co.uk/events/whats-on
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.