Holkham Hall praised for “much better organisation” at UB40 concert
- Credit: Archant
Concert goers have praised Holkham Hall for its organisation of Sunday's UB40 show.
The gig was the first concert since Sir Tom Jones played at the estate in July, which saw Holkham criticised for its organisation of the event.
The evening, on July 23, saw people queuing for hours to get in and out of the carparks, and wheelchair users even being piggybacked to their cars.
However, visitors left a series of positive comments on the estate's Facebook page after the gig on Sunday, August 27, with one satisfied customer describing it as a 'perfect venue'.
A visitor stated: 'Much better organisation for getting people out... [sic] was really great, thanks Holkham'.
Another visitor wrote: 'Can I just say a big thank you, to Lord Leicester, who donned a high-vis vest and helped direct traffic for the concert at the junction of the Victoria Hotel and Park Road, and Main Roa.'
'Yes, his Lordship cares about what happens on his estate, and rightly so, other estates can take note of his leadership, and maybe follow....!!!'
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 4 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 7 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
Another comment reads: 'Yet another great concert at Holkham Hall. UB40 & Radio Ridler were excellent. Thank you.'
Holkham Hall also posted a number of responses to visitors concerns. They said they had not been made aware of any traffic problems, and added that everyone seemed to have arrived in plenty of time.
The estate also confirmed that more lighting and more experienced car park staff had been arranged for the event, to ensure parking ran smoothly.
They also said that Holkham and the promoters had reviewed the policy on food and drink, and people were able to bring picnics to UB40, which weren't permitted at Sir Tom Jones.
The organisers of the event stated: 'Following the difficult situation and recent criticism of the Sir Tom Jones concert, the estate and organisers reviewed various policies to ensure that the UB40 concert would run as smoothly as possible.
'A traffic management plan was instigated with earlier opening of the gates. The no food and drink policy was reversed and the facilities for visitors with access requirements were addressed'.
They added that: 'The hard work of the estate's team ensured that the UB40 concert was a success.'