Holkham Estate hiring warden - with tasks to include nudist beach patrol
- Credit: citizenside.com
A stately home in north Norfolk is hiring a warden whose tasks will include patrolling the estate's nudist beach and dunes.
The Holkham Estate in north Norfolk is looking for a seasonal beach warden to help patrol the National Nature Reserve's beaches, boardwalks and car parks from April to August.
Its job advert said the successful applicant would be tasked with a number of responsibilities on the 25,000-acre estate including "face to face engagement with visitors at key locations", explaining the reserve's dog policy and conveying "key conservation messages" to visitors including no fires, camping, metal detectors, drones or BBQs.
And, on "particularly hot days" they would be required to carry out "regular checks and engagement with visitors to the nudist dunes and beach".
A spokesperson for the Holkham Estate, said: "The role of Holkham Seasonal Beach Warden focuses on the preservation and care of the Holkham Estate, in particular the Nature Reserve area.
"This very special and unique site is a haven for wildlife, steeped in biodiversity, which members of the public are free to visit.
"The warden’s responsibilities would include assisting visitors and encouraging engagement with the conservation work taking place across the nature reserve.”
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 5 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 6 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 7 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
- 8 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 9 Can you spot yourself in our pictures from Reepham Festival?
- 10 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
Over the years Holkham's beaches have been used as filming locations for a number of feature films including Shakespeare in Love and Annihilation, a 2018 film starring Natalie Portman where the Norfolk beach stood in for the southern coastline of the United States.
Applications for the warden role close on March 5.