Holkham Estate hiring warden - with tasks to include nudist beach patrol
- Credit: citizenside.com
A stately home in north Norfolk is hiring a warden whose tasks will include patrolling the estate's nudist beach and dunes.
The Holkham Estate in north Norfolk is looking for a seasonal beach warden to help patrol the National Nature Reserve's beaches, boardwalks and car parks from April to August.
Its job advert said the successful applicant would be tasked with a number of responsibilities on the 25,000-acre estate including "face to face engagement with visitors at key locations", explaining the reserve's dog policy and conveying "key conservation messages" to visitors including no fires, camping, metal detectors, drones or BBQs.
And, on "particularly hot days" they would be required to carry out "regular checks and engagement with visitors to the nudist dunes and beach".
A spokesperson for the Holkham Estate, said: "The role of Holkham Seasonal Beach Warden focuses on the preservation and care of the Holkham Estate, in particular the Nature Reserve area.
You may also want to watch:
"This very special and unique site is a haven for wildlife, steeped in biodiversity, which members of the public are free to visit.
"The warden’s responsibilities would include assisting visitors and encouraging engagement with the conservation work taking place across the nature reserve.”
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
Over the years Holkham's beaches have been used as filming locations for a number of feature films including Shakespeare in Love and Annihilation, a 2018 film starring Natalie Portman where the Norfolk beach stood in for the southern coastline of the United States.
Applications for the warden role close on March 5.