Holidays are coming...holidays are coming, to Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Steve Adams
For many it isn't really Christmas time until they see the red truck decorated with sparkling lights on their television screens, and this year the iconic sign that 'holidays are coming' will be stopping in Great Yarmouth.
The nationwide Coca-Cola Christmas truck tour kicks off on November 20 and stops at 46 locations, giving fans the opportunity to get up close and personal with the famous vehicle.
The well-known truck will stop in Great Yarmouth Market Place on December 9, between noon and 8pm, when people will have the chance to take pictures with it as it lights up, and experience a snowy winter wonderland setting.
Great Yarmouth is the only stop for the truck in Norfolk, with the next closest location in Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk.
The tour is returning this festive season at the same time as the company celebrates the well-known advert being shown on UK screens for 20 years. Ever since the Coca-Cola Christmas truck first appeared on screens in November 1995, it has become a regular feature of festive TV schedules in more than 100 different countries.
And, now in its second year, Coca-Cola will also air its 'Give a Little Happiness' TV advert, encouraging people to spread festive cheer throughout the holiday season.
Visitors to Great Yarmouth Market Place on December 9 will also be able feel extra festive with some seasonal skating on Great Yarmouth's real ice rink, as well as enjoying a Christmas family fun night and late night shopping as the countdown to the big day begins.
In 2014, fans were keen to check out the route of Coca-Cola's Truck Tour as its website received nearly two million hits, whilst 50,000 official customer photos were taken across the tour's 46 stops.
- 1 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 2 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 5 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 8 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 9 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 10 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
And popularity is expected to be high again this year, with Coca-Cola running a special on-pack promotion to offer one lucky customer a personal visit from the Christmas truck and a hamper of festive treats worth £5,000.
Bobby Brittain, marketing director for Coca-Cola Great Britain said: 'We're delighted to be marking 20 years of 'Holidays are Coming' on UK screens and take the Coca-Cola Christmas truck tour to as many towns as possible in the run up to Christmas. By launching a competition for a member of the public to win a personal visit from the Coca-Cola Christmas truck and making a further 46 stops across the UK, we're looking forward to being able to give a little happiness to as many people across the country as possible.'