Holiday joy for brave Downham Market youngster
Sitting with his favourite toy and engrossed by a cartoon on the television, little Cameron Peters looks like any other two-year-old.
But his floppy hair and cute smile hide a traumatic start to his life as King's Lynn-based charity the Kylie Foundation has raised enough money to send his family on holiday.
Brave Cameron, who lives in Downham Market with mum Izzy and 10-week-old sister Rose, is making good progress after surviving a life-threatening operation to remove a brain tumour last October. His mum said: 'I was told it was a tricky operation because the tumour was so close to his nerves, and while he was in there I was so scared I was going to lose him.
'He told me he loved me for the first time before the operation, and while the operation was happening I just held onto his Postman Pat toy because it smelt like him.
'There is still a small part of the tumour left and Cameron will need further treatment in the future. It's been very hard on all of us and Cameron has good days and bad days.' She added: 'When I found out the Kylie Foundation is raising money to send us on holiday, I cried, because there are some people who don't know Cameron but still raised money for him.'
The Kylie Foundation was set up by a group of friends from King's Lynn who fundraise for different causes in the borough but also help families in need.
Representatives from the charity are looking to book the family a summer holiday at Butlins today after raising �800 through various fundraising events.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 3 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 7 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field