History lovers hold Victorian wedding in Toft Monks
TWO lovers of history stepped back in time for their special day to experience a traditional Victorian wedding in Suffolk.
Alexander Patterson, 29, and Rosie Cummings, 27, tied the knot in the beautiful round-towered St Margaret's Church in Toft Monks at the weekend.
As well as having the guests walk to the church, the couple rallied together their closest family and friends to help make the day a team effort.
All the food was home-cooked and many of the costumes were hand-made, including Mrs Patterson's beautiful authentic Victorian wedding dress, complete with parasol, which was made by her mother.
She said: 'It's been absolutely wonderful. It's perfect.'
You may also want to watch:
The couple met in 2003 at the University College London where they were both studying archeology. Mrs Patterson, originally from Licolnshire, now works as an archaeologist and Mr Patterson in heritage, in Kent.
Mr Patterson said: 'Our friendship blossomed into love and in 2009 I proposed to Rosie on her birthday in December.'
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
The couple also had a surprise horse and cart escort them to and from the church, and they enjoyed an afternoon of playing traditional Victorian games, such as cricket and croquet, at Mr Patterson's family home in Toft Monks.
'If I had to pick a theme again I would always pick Victorian,' Mrs Patterson added.
The couple will be spending their honeymoon staying in a Yurt in Yorkshire.