Historian and comedian to help celebrate Diss Corn Hall re-opening
- Credit: PA
A prominent historian and a well known comedian are set to appear at a new look arts venue in Diss following a £1.6m refurbishment project.
The Corn Hall is due to reopen in the spring with David Starkey and Lee Hurst booked to appear in April and March respectively.
Dr Starkey will give a talk on Henry VIII at the venue in St Nicholas Street on April 2.
A statement from the Corn Hall said: 'In this lecture David Starkey draws on his unique knowledge of Henry's reign on the one hand, and his insights as a leading commentator on modern politics on the other, to illuminate both the Tudor age and our own.'
Lee Hurst, who shot to fame in the sports quiz comedy They Think It's All Over, will be cracking jokes with his new show Comedy Show No. 9 on March 24.
You may also want to watch:
Other acts are Paul Antony as Pop-Up Bowie performing David Bowie hits on April 8 and the Pantaloons performing Pride and Prejudice on April 15.
David Case, from the Diss Corn Hall Trust, said: 'You can really see how the building will look now. It is really exciting as every day a new feature appears. The Corn Hall will be magic when it is finished and will be a great asset for Diss and south Norfolk.'
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig
The walls are all now in so you can see the spaces take shape and appreciate what the building will be like. It really will feel light and open.
Have you got a Diss Story? Email email@example.com