Hingham playgroup gets a good result from Ofsted
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
The team at Hingham Playgroup are celebrating after being awarded 'good' rating from Ofsted, just months after the education watchdog labelled it as 'requiring improvement'.
The playgroup's committee chairperson, Rebecca Mitchell, said she was delighted with the positive result.
She said: 'Following our recent Ofsted inspection we are very pleased that our rating has improved to 'good'.
'This latest rating is the result of a lot of hard work from the staff and the newly formed committee.
'Since September the team has invested a lot of time and resources in improving the setting to ensure the children attending Hingham Playgroup get the very best that is on offer. We plan to continue this investment to ensure the playgroup continues to improve year on year.
You may also want to watch:
'I would personally like to thank all the staff and the committee members - past and present - for all the time they have given up getting us to where we are today.'
The Ofsted report rated the school 'good' in all areas, including: quality of teaching, learning and assessment; personal development, behaviour and welfare and outcomes for children.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
The report said: 'The new committee, manager and staff have worked consistently since the last inspection to make significant improvements to the provision.
'Staff have also worked closely with the local authority to implement positive changes in the playgroup.'
Ofsted also praised the school's provision of children with special needs, and said the playgroup was well established in the community.
The playgroup had been given a 'requires improvement' rating after an inspection on September last year.