Couple brave the shave for toddler twins with cancer
- Credit: Archant
A couple from Norfolk are shaving their heads to raise money for a pair of three-year-old twins with leukaemia.
Georgia Newman and husband Fergus Newman, from Reymerston, near Hingham, will face the clippers at 2pm on Saturday, February 2 in Lincoln Hall, Hingham, to raise money for the hospital treating family friends, three-year-old Edward and Austin Gasson from Sittingbourne, Kent.
The identical twins were diagnosed with Leukaemia within six months of each other, the first receiving the tragic news in October 2017.
The boys' treatment at the Medway Hospital in Gillingham will last three years and involve a gruelling regime of chemotherapy and regular lumbar punctures.
As a result of the aggressive treatments Edward and Austin have lowered immune systems and are unable to leave their room when in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The 32-year-old couple are aiming to raise funds for a sterile playroom for young patients with cancer.
So far the couple's JustGiving page has raised £2,000 for the appeal.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146