Hilgay crash: Motorcyclist dies in collision on A10
- Credit: Archant
Police confirmed on Monday a motorcyclist in his 40s had died in a crash on the A10 at Hilgay on Sunday.
The crash between two motorcycles and a 4x4 happened at about 11.50am at the junction with Modney Bridge Road.
The motorcycles were travelling towards Downham Market and a BMW X3 was turning into Modney Bridge Road when the collision happened.
A Kawasaki motorcycle collided with the BMW, and the bike rider, a man in his 40s, was fatally injured. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The second motorcycle, a Honda 599, avoided the crash but hit with the kerb, causing the rider, a man in his 30s, to come off. He suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for five hours while emergency services dealt with the crash and carried out investigations. It was re-opened at about 5.15pm.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the crash or has information concerning the driving/riding manner of either vehicle prior to the collision.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 7 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 10 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
Witnesses should contact Sergeant Peter Howlett at Swaffham Roads Policing on 101.