Highly commended accolade for art event at Houghton Hall
- Credit: Hugo Glendinning
One of Norfolk's historic halls has been honoured for a major exhibition of contemporary art that attracted thousands of visitors.
Houghton Hall received the highly commended accolade in the best event/exhibition category of the 2016 Hudson's Heritage Awards for the show LightScape: James Turrell at Houghton which ran from June to October last year.
Lord Cholmondeley, who owns Houghton Hall, said: 'We are proud to have hosted this major exhibition of James Turrell's work.
'We are delighted with this award which recognizes Houghton Hall as an important venue for contemporary art as well as being one of the country's greatest historic houses.'
Hudson's Heritage Awards took place on Tuesday at Goldsmiths Hall in London and the best event/exhibition category was sponsored by Ecclesiastical Insurance.
A catalogue that documents last year's LightScape exhibition is available to buy, priced £35, from Houghton Hall's estate office on 01485 528569 or online at www.amazon.co.uk
For more about Houghton Hall, visit www.houghtonhall.com
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 10 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day