High-value machinery stolen from Caston and Rockland St Peter
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Police in Breckland are appealing for witnesses after two incidents involving the theft of thousands of pounds worth of machinery.
The first incident took place overnight between Thursday, December 5 and Friday, December 6 at a site in Carbrooke Road, Caston.
A yellow Komatsu digger and breaker attachment, with a combined value of around £25,000, and a blue Baughans crusher worth £50,000 were stolen from a barn.
The second offence, which police are linking to the first incident, occurred overnight between Friday, December 6 and Saturday, December 7 at a premises in Broadway, Rockland St Peter.
The offenders broke into a barn and stole a Thomas 153 Muscle skid steer loader, valued at £6,000.
You may also want to watch:
Police believe the thefts would have required either a large trailer, lorry, or low-loader and are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity in either of the areas to come forward.
Anyone with information should contact PC Cherie Smith at Thetford Police Station on 101, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain