High-speed chase ends with BMW crashing into police car
- Credit: Archant
A police chase through Wymondham has ended with a vehicle crashing into a police car and the occupants fleeing.
Police were called to Tuttles Lane in Wymondham at 12.48pm on Friday, November 10 when the vehicle, a white BMW 1 Series, failed to stop and started to travel at speed towards Norwich Road.
The vehicle collided with a police car and the occupants, believed to be a man and a woman, fled from the scene.
An employee from a garage along Norwich Road said that they heard all of the police cars rushing past the garage.
'We thought it was a bit strange for police cars to be heading from Norwich to Wymondham when there is the police headquarters at the bottom of the road,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
A witness reported seeing the BMW speeding away from Hethersett as she waited at Churchfields and Norwich Road junction.
She said: 'I saw the BMW racing through Hethersett being chased by police. Then 20 minutes or so later I saw the scene of the crash outside Waitrose.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
The vehicles were cleared from the road and the road was reopened at around 3pm.
No-one is believed to be injured.
The pursuit came to an end just yards from Norfolk Constablulary Force Headquarters.
Police are looking for a male who was last seen in gardens around Sycamore Avenue, Lime Tree Avenue and Ashleigh Gardens.