High Sheriff James Bagge tees off for Swaffham charity golf day
- Credit: Ian Burt
Golfers took to the tees of Swaffham Golf Club in warm sunshine for a charity event organised by the town's Rotary Club.
A total of 22 teams of four golfers played the 18 holes with plenty of competitive spirit.
Teams were made up of local businesses, other golf clubs, Rotary clubs, and individual supporters for the event raising money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance and armed forces charity SSAFA.
James Bagge, High Sheriff of Norfolk, represented SSAFA in a team of ambassadors for the charity. The EAAA was represented by a team of senior clinicians from the organisation.
A charity auction was followed by a prize presentation.
Organisers Graham Curtis and Denis Bishop said they were thrilled with the turnout. 'This is an excellent response from golfers locally, across the county and further afield,' they agreed. 'We hope we can raise a significant amount for the charities.'
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 NCFC LIVE: Missed chance for City against 10-man Newcastle
- 10 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash