High schools in Beccles and Bungay targeted by thieves

Police are growing concerned for the welfare of a missing man.

Police are growing concerned for the welfare of a missing man. - Credit: IAN BURT

Two high schools in Beccles and Bungay were targeted by burglars during the weekend.

Suffolk Police have made an appeal for information after Bungay High Sixth Form, in Hillside Road East, and Sir John Leman Lower School, in Castle Hill, Beccles, were both broken into between Friday at 12.30pm and Monday at 7am.

The break-in at Bungay was in the school canteen, where a small amount of money was taken, with a similar incident in Beccles when more than £300 was taken in a safe.

Bungay headteacher Sean O'Neill said they were 'very disappointed' that people had chosen to target two schools.

He said that limited damage had been done but paid tribute to the amount of community support they had received.


You may also want to watch:


'We are grateful to the local community who are keeping a very close eye on our Sixth Form and helping with the inquriries,' he said.

Both buildings are new additions to the schools, having previously been home to Bungay Middle School and Beccles Middle School, before Suffolk County Council's reorgansation of schools.

Most Read

Anyone with any information should contact PC Richard Warne at Halesworth Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus