School’s hockey team takes on parkrun to raise funds for club house
- Credit: Archant
A group of school girls have taken on sponsored run to help raise money towards a new hockey club house.
The 18-strong group are members of the Pink Ladies hockey team at Marshland High School, Wisbech.
They took on the King's Lynn parkrun to raise money for the club house which will by the school's PE department and the Pelicans Hockey Club.
The hockey club, based at Alive Lynnsport, provides free facilities for the district's schools and holds hockey matches. Because of this the teenagers decided to raise money to give a little back.
The school's head of PE, former international and current Pelicans Hockey Club player Paul Swinburn, also took part.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'The event was so friendly and well run by the parkrun staff welcoming us all and chatting and cheering as we ran around. Many of the girls have now got the running bug and will continue to support the King's Lynn parkrun in future runs.'
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog