High-profile speakers to attend inaugural East Coast College conference on young people’s mental health
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A summit looking at children's mental health and work to protect wellbeing in Norfolk schools will be launched next week.
East Coast College, which has campuses in Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft, will host the inaugural Norfolk Children and Young People Mental Health Looking Forward Summit with the University of Suffolk.
The event, which will take place on Monday, September 25, will include Norman Lamb, North Norfolk MP, and Dr Arthur Evans Junior, chief executive of the American Psychological Association, as speakers.
You may also want to watch:
Talks will look at both innovative work here in Norfolk schools, and approaches taken further afield.
Stuart Rimmer, principal of the college, said: 'We look forward to hearing more about Dr Evans' pioneering work for children and young people's mental health services and his perspective on what we do here in Norfolk.'
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
• Anyone wishing to attend should email email@example.com