High praise for Sheringham musical director from Guild of Church Musicians
- Credit: Submitted
It normally takes years of study to achieve, but it took a musician from Sheringham just eight months.
Lys Morgan-Hart, Director of Music at St Peter's Church, Sheringham, has been awarded The Archbishops' Certificate in Church Music.
She is the only musician in the UK to attain the professional qualification from The Guild of Church Musicians this year and can now append the letters 'ACertCM' after her name.
The degree-level course demands a high level of study and includes various written and practical examinations, as well as extensive portfolio and essay work.
Mrs Morgan-Hart was presented with her award by the president of The Guild of Church Musicians, Dame Mary Archer, and the Bishop of Norwich, The Rt Revd Graham James at a prestigious ceremony in London.
You may also want to watch:
Not only was she successful, but she gained such high marks that The Guild also awarded her The Maynard Prize in recognition of her 'outstanding achievements'.
Following the presentation, Mrs Morgan-Hart said: 'I am really thrilled to have achieved this award. I have been passionate about Church music from a very young age and I continue to be so. I was especially pleased to have so many friends from St Peter's and beyond come to support me - a coach load!
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 10 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
'It was truly such a special occasion, and it has encouraged me to further develop our choral singing at St Peter's to be the best we can be!'