High honour for North Walsham Air Cadet
- Credit: Archant
Cadet Warrant Officer Daniel Middleton of 2110 (North Walsham) Squadron Air Training Corps has been appointed as the Lord Lieutenant's Cadet for Norfolk.
The 19-year-old attended an investment ceremony at the Army Reserve Centre in Norwich with his father Trevor and his partner Sophie Smith.
Wing Commander David Miller was there to witness the proud moment as well as Flight Lieutenant Rob Gardner, one time commanding officer of 2110 Squadron, who was also honoured with the Lord Lieutenant's Certificate for Meritorious Service.
Daniel joined the ATC on 18 July 2011 and as Cadet Warrant Officer and has gone on to reach the highest rank within the ATC. He has been deeply involved in Squadron, and Wing activities, representing the Wing in athletics, attending various camps, parades and fundraising activities.
He was one of the cadets chosen to attend the ATC 75th Anniversary Parade at St Clement Danes Church in London last month.
As a well respected role model for younger cadets, Daniel is a vital asset to North Walsham Squadron and this achievement in his final year as a cadet is very well deserved.
North Walsham Air Cadets parade every Monday and Thursday, at North Walsham Primary School, Manor Road, North Walsham, NR28 9HG, from 7pm till 9.30pm, and welcomes all young people aged between 12 and 18 years. They are currently recruiting cadets and adult volunteers.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 5 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 8 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 9 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk
- 10 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions