‘The phone hasn’t stopped ringing’ - Diss sports club shuts down rumours of Ed Sheeran NYE acoustic set
- Credit: Simon Parker/Google Maps
A business in Diss has been inundated with calls following rumours that popstar Ed Sheeran would be performing an acoustic set at their New Year's Eve party.
The Heywood Health and Fitness club on Walcot Road has taken dozens of calls from fans asking if the news was true.
Andrew Hills, manager of Heywood, said: 'It's a bit bonkers, I don't know where the rumour has come from.I took at least 30 calls yesterday and I've had two members of staff call me today, on my day off, to tell me that they can't get anything done because the phone hasn't stopped ringing.
'The party will definitely be a lot of fun, but an appearance by the ginger genius, has not been planned, booked or agreed.'
The sudden rise in interest in the event has led to some concerns for the business.
Mr Hills added: 'We're not sure if we should cancel due to health and safety or just issue more tickets and hope that their isn't a riot.
'The more we tell people that it's not true, Ed Sheeran is not coming, the more they seem to think he is.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk