Children's book sold at Sainsbury's and Asda recalled over choking hazard
- Credit: Penguin
A children's book which is on sale at major supermarkets has been recalled over concerns it poses a chocking hazard.
Ladybird Books has issued an urgent product recall on the Hey Duggee and the Magical Unicorn books after a manufacturing fault was discovered.
The foil lamination on some of the book covers can be peeled off and small parts of the foil or lamination could be a choking hazard to small children.
Penguin, which publishes the Ladybird range of books, said customers should take the book away from small children and return it to the retailer where it was bought from for a full refund.
Sainsbury's and Asda also issued a product recall on the book.
You may also want to watch:
Sainsbury's said: "It has been brought to our attention that Penguin Random House are investigating an urgent product recall on the above title due to the discovery of a manufacturing fault on some copies where the foil lamination on the cover of the book can be peeled off. Small parts of foil could be a choking hazard to small children.
"We are not willing to take any risks where the safety of our products is concerned and so we are asking customers who have purchased this product not to use it and to return the item to their nearest Sainsbury’s store for a full refund when they next visit."
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
Asda said: "No other Hey Duggee titles are affected by this issue. Please bring it back to your nearest store where you will be given a full refund. You do not need your receipt."
Penguin said the safety of its readers is its top priority and apologised for any inconvenience it may have caused.
For further clarification contact Ladybird customer services on firstname.lastname@example.org :
Alternatively, contact Asda Customer Relations on 0800 952 0101