Hethersett father Duncan McPhee died from taking ecstasy, inquest hears
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
A Hethersett father who was found dead when his wife woke to feed their child died as a result of ecstasy in his system, an inquest heard.
Duncan McPhee was 32 when he was found at his home at Westcroft in Hethersett in the early hours of Wednesday, January 4.
Area coroner Yvonne Blake told Norfolk Coroner's Court at the opening of the inquest this morning Mr McPhee, who was unemployed, 'had been feeling ill for a few days' before his death.
She added Mr McPhee was discovered after his wife had gone to care for their child.
'His wife woke in the early hours and found her husband deceased when she was going back to bed, having fed her child some milk,' she said.
You may also want to watch:
The medical cause of death for Mr McPhee been given as MDMA amphetamine-derivative compound toxicity.
The inquest was adjourned for further inquiries to be made and is due to be held on September 19, 2017 at Norfolk Coroner's Court.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk