Hethersett couple to run London Marathon for eye charity
A Norfolk couple will be running the Virgin London Marathon to raise money for the Childhood Eye Cancer Trust (CHECT).
Stephen and Kirsty Poundall, from Hethersett, have been inspired to complete the 26 mile course on April 22 after optometrist Mr Poundall met representatives from the charity offering the chance to take part in the race through golden bond places awarded to the charity.
The couple have two children, Anya, nine and Kieran, five, which gave them an appreciation of the work done by the CHECT, which supports families of children diagnosed with a retinoblastoma (eye cancer).
Mrs Poundall, who works in the legal profession, said: 'It affects you more when you have got children of your own, to see the work these charities do.'
To raise money, the couple will be holding a charity pamper evening at Hethersett Social Club on April 13 from 7.30pm to 10pm. Admission is �1 and includes entry into the raffle. The evening will include beauty treatments, massages, beauty products, jewellery, cakes and much more.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a charity quiz night at Norwich Central Baptist Church Hall in Duke Street on April 20 at 7.30pm. Quiz teams of up to six people can enter. Entry is �3 per person.
To enter, contact Mrs Poundall by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lizzie Baker at email@example.com.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
To sponsor the couple, visit www.justgiving.com/Stephen-and-Kirsty-Poundall or text CHEC77 �10 to 70070.