Hethersett bowls tournament raises £300 for charity
- Credit: Archant
Bowlers from across the region have come together to take part in a club's annual tournament and raise £300 for charity.
A total of 72 bowls players representing 24 teams took part in the Hethersett Social Bowls Club's (HBSC) Triples Tournament on July 29.
The tournament winner, after a close final, was Jack Walter's team from Hethersett - consisting of Jack and Brenda Walters and John Hardy.
Runners up were Alan Goldsmith's team which included Alan Goldsmith, Carole Slaughter and Keith Lake. Other semi-finalists were Phil Long's and Les Forder's teams.
From the proceeds, £150 will go to the British Heart Foundation and £150 will go to the RNLI.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Slaughter, HBSC chairman, said: 'We had a great day with plenty of sunshine although the semi and final were played in rain but that didn't damper the enthusiasm of the teams taking part.'
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 7 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 8 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships