Hethersett bowls tournament raises £300 for charity
- Credit: Archant
Bowlers from across the region have come together to take part in a club's annual tournament and raise £300 for charity.
A total of 72 bowls players representing 24 teams took part in the Hethersett Social Bowls Club's (HBSC) Triples Tournament on July 29.
The tournament winner, after a close final, was Jack Walter's team from Hethersett - consisting of Jack and Brenda Walters and John Hardy.
Runners up were Alan Goldsmith's team which included Alan Goldsmith, Carole Slaughter and Keith Lake. Other semi-finalists were Phil Long's and Les Forder's teams.
From the proceeds, £150 will go to the British Heart Foundation and £150 will go to the RNLI.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Slaughter, HBSC chairman, said: 'We had a great day with plenty of sunshine although the semi and final were played in rain but that didn't damper the enthusiasm of the teams taking part.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools