Care home opens doors for family fun day
- Credit: Archant
A care home in Wroxham is to host a family fun day to raise awareness about dementia.
Visitors to Heron Lodge care home on Norwich Road will be able to enjoy live music, games and a free barbecue lunch on June 8.
Musical entertainment will be provided by the Celtic band Aartwork. There will also be a raffle and tombola.
There will be a demonstration of a Tofertafel 'magic table', designed to engage people living with dementia.
Home manager Alison Fallowfield said: 'People will be able to have a go themselves on the table, playing all kinds of interactive games.'
You may also want to watch:
The home will also sell cupcakes to raise funds for the Alzheimer's Society.
Miss Fallowfield said many of Heron's residents were living with dementia and the aim of the event was to raise awareness and promote understanding of the disease.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
The event is on from midday to 3pm.