Hero firefighters to be welcomed onto pitch during Norwich City game
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Three firefighters who saved a family from a burning flat will be welcomed onto the pitch at Carrow Road this weekend.
Kev Game, Andy Masterson and Gavin Bogis were all involved in the dramatic rescue at Regent Street in Great Yarmouth earlier this month.
And in recognition of fire service's brave efforts they have been invited to bring out the match ball ahead of Norwich City's fixture against Southampton on Saturday.
Chief fire officer Roy Harold said: 'I'm pleased Norwich City Football Club has recognised the hard work and commitment by the emergency services, especially at this time of year.
'It is a really considerate gesture which we would like to thank them for. It has been a difficult decision to nominate just a few of our staff as they all do a fantastic job.
'I hope the three members of staff who are going to Saturday's match enjoy it and feel proud of their achievements. Rescuing a family from the recent flat fire in Great Yarmouth was a team effort and my thanks go to all of those involved.
'I wish the Canaries all the best on Saturday and for the rest of the season.'
- 1 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 2 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 3 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 4 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 5 Dog and group cut off by tide saved after being spotted waist-high in water
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 8 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 9 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 10 Lowestoft's new beach huts hit the market at £30,000 each