Norwich bar to give away free beer this weekend to celebrate lawsuit victory
- Credit: Steve Adams
Beer lovers in Norwich will be able to enjoy a free schooner this weekend - but there's a catch.
BrewDog on Queen Street will be giving away a schooner of their BrewDog Elvis Juice to fans visiting on Saturday, February 3 and Sunday, February 4.
However in order to obtain the free drink, customers will have to come dressed as Elvis Presley.
The free beer is being offered in celebration of BrewDog's trademark victory over the Elvis Presley Estate.
BrewDog Elvis Juice, a grapefruit-infused IPA, launched in 2015, but was soon hit with a lawsuit from the singer's estate, alleging it infringed on its trademark and requesting the name be changed.
You may also want to watch:
In reaction, BrewDog's co-founders, James Watt and Martin Dickie changed their first names to Elvis by deed poll in 2016 to demonstrate the lack of exclusivity in the name Elvis.
After losing the trademark battle in 2017, BrewDog appealed and last Thursday (January 25), the UKIPO ruled in its favour.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
For more Norfolk food and drink news and events, join our Facebook group Eat Norfolk