Here’s how to really have fun at work - Diss company Midwich holds Employee Appreciation Day
- Credit: Archant
The office is perhaps not usually the place where you would expect to play games, watch movies and spend the day eating pizza.
But managers at Midwich let their staff have a day of action-packed fun activities as part of its Employee Appreciation Day.
The United States and Canada have an annual holiday to mark Employee Appreciation Day, something not afforded to workers in the United Kingdom.
But Midwich decided to let its 250 staff at its offices in Vinces Road, Diss celebrate the occasion with a fun gaming tournament, where there was a chance to win Amazon vouchers.
It was followed by gaming quizzes and concluded with a challenge to build cardboard gaming robots.
You may also want to watch:
Midwich also treated employees to free pizza and movies throughout the day on Friday, March 3, designed to thank workers for all their hard work throughout the year,
Carla Shipp, group HR manager, said: 'We always take every opportunity to celebrate our workforce at Midwich.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
'Supporting days like Employee Appreciation Day allows us to show our appreciation for their dedication throughout the year.
'We're very proud of our 'work hard, play hard' culture here at Midwich, which we hope contributes to why we're a great place to work.'
Matt Mountain, digital campaign associate at Midwich, added: 'We had a brilliant day, lots of fun activities going on as well as a healthy dose of competition. My favourite bit had to be chilling with free pizza and a movie. Thanks Midwich!'
Midwich employs more than 250 staff at its head office in Diss and a further 240-plus people across the Midwich group, which spans six countries including the UK and Ireland, France, Germany, Australia and New Zealand.
Earlier this year the company was also named Distributor of the Year at the 2017 InAVation Awards in Amsterdam.
It is also sponsoring the 2017 Diss Cyclathon on Sunday, June 25.
Alan Franks, Diss Cyclathon organiser, said: 'We're delighted to have such a prominent and successful local employer as Midwich supporting the Cyclathon this year. With their help we think we can get twice as many people as last year out on two wheels.'