Hemsby poet Hilly Kendrick releases second collection ‘Memories and Shadows’
- Credit: Phil Kendrick
A local poet and author has released her second book - an eclectic collection of poems based on her experiences and fantasies.
'Memories and Shadows: a Poet's Journey' was penned by Hemsby-writer Hilly Kendrick follows her debut collection 'Words from the Honeycomb', which was released last year.
Mrs Kendrick said: 'Life is a journey that starts when you are born. What happens to you on that journey can shape your life. I have many happy memories of my childhood, growing up in a happy loving environment and making many friends along the way, some I have known most of my life and still see.
'But life also casts shadows in your path which you do not plan for and at times find difficult to deal with, hence the title-Memories and Shadows. The journey starts here.'
To celebrate the book's release, she will be signing copies at the annual Christmas Fair at Fleggburgh Village Hall tomorrow (November 5), and again at the Hemsby coffee morning on November 23, held at the Hemsby Methodist Chapel.
You may also want to watch:
Copies of the book are available from Amazon for £11.99, or directly from the author for £10.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer