Hemsby murder inquest opened
- Credit: Archant
An inquest was today opened into the death of Connor Barrett, 20, who died from a stab wound inflicted at a private party in Hemsby, near Great Yarmouth.
Mr Barrett, from Abyssinia Close, Yarmouth, died at Gorleston's James Paget University Hospital, after being involved in an altercation at The Glebe in Hemsby at about 11.30pm on May 10.
The inquest in Norwich inquest heard that the cause of death was a stab wound, pending further tests.
The inquest will be reviewed on or before July 22.
As reported, a 17-year-old male has been charged with the murder of Mr Barrett.
You may also want to watch:
The youth, who cannot be named for legal reasons, will appear at Norwich crown court in July.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 7 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 8 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 9 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 10 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months