Hemsby Lifeboat Day is a fundraising success
- Credit: Archant
People turned out in their masses for the annual Hemsby Lifeboat Day.
The day's events kicked off at 9.30am with a procession of 40 Harley-Davidsons following the Hemsby Broads Lifeboat to the lifeboat station.
Visitors on Sunday were then treated to a bar in the form of a double decker bus, and a display of lifeboats from Gorleston, Caister and Hemsby.
There was also live music from a resident DJ, live bands and R'n'B singer Gabz from Britain's Got Talent.
'We had a brilliant day and lots of people came down,' said Gerard Roadley-Battin, second coxswain at Hemsby Lifeboat.
'These events rely on good weather and, despite a couple of menacing black clouds, fortunately the weather held up and it was a chance to show off the boats from our area.
'We've been going for 41 years now and this remains a major fundraising day.'
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 2 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 3 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 7 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 8 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 9 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 10 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
£12,700 was raised, which will go towards the station.