Hemsby Lifeboat Day is a fundraising success
- Credit: Archant
People turned out in their masses for the annual Hemsby Lifeboat Day.
The day's events kicked off at 9.30am with a procession of 40 Harley-Davidsons following the Hemsby Broads Lifeboat to the lifeboat station.
Visitors on Sunday were then treated to a bar in the form of a double decker bus, and a display of lifeboats from Gorleston, Caister and Hemsby.
There was also live music from a resident DJ, live bands and R'n'B singer Gabz from Britain's Got Talent.
'We had a brilliant day and lots of people came down,' said Gerard Roadley-Battin, second coxswain at Hemsby Lifeboat.
You may also want to watch:
'These events rely on good weather and, despite a couple of menacing black clouds, fortunately the weather held up and it was a chance to show off the boats from our area.
'We've been going for 41 years now and this remains a major fundraising day.'
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
£12,700 was raised, which will go towards the station.