Hemsby lifeboat attends double callout involving missing people at Horsey and Caister
- Credit: Hemsby Lifeboat
The Hemsby lifeboat attended a double callout
The independent lifeboat crew at Hemsby have been called out to search for a missing child and man.
The Coastguard was informed at 1.15pm on Sunday of reports of a missing eight-year-old child who was last seen on the shoreline at Hemsby Gap.
The lifeboat was called out to conduct a close shoreline search from Winterton to Scratby Cliffs.
The Coastguard, RNLI lifeguards and the police searched on land. The child was found on land and was reunited with her parents.
You may also want to watch:
While on route to Caister following the earlier callout, the lifeboat was called again after reports of a vulnerable male who was last seen in the Caister beach area heading north.
The lifeboat searched the shoreline while Winterton coastguard and the police searched on land. The man was found safe and well by the police.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named