Hemsby businessman whose shop was damaged by fire says it ‘could have been much worse’

There was a fire in the Seadell Shop in Hemsby. Photo: George Ryan

There was a fire in the Seadell Shop in Hemsby. Photo: George Ryan - Credit: Archant

A businessman whose shop was damaged by a fire said it could have been much worse.

There was a fire in the Seadell Shop in Hemsby. Photo: George Ryan

There was a fire in the Seadell Shop in Hemsby. Photo: George Ryan - Credit: Archant

The Seadell shop in Beach Road, Hemsby suffered extensive smoke damage after a blaze started in a cooler.

Stuart Reeve, a director of the shop he runs with his mum and dad, called the brigade after the alarm went off.

Mr Reeve said: 'The structure is fine and luckily it happened at the end of the season rather than at the start.'

Fire crews were called to a blaze in the early hours of Monday morning and 14 firefighters attended a fire on Beach Road.

There was a fire in the Seadell Shop in Hemsby. Photo: George Ryan

There was a fire in the Seadell Shop in Hemsby. Photo: George Ryan - Credit: Archant


You may also want to watch:


Appliances from Martham, Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended at 1.56am in the sea-side village.

Hose reel jets, hydrants and thermal imaging cameras were used.

Most Read

The fire was extinguished by 3.41 am.

No-one is believed to have been injured.

There was a fire in the Seadell Shop in Hemsby. Photo: George Ryan

There was a fire in the Seadell Shop in Hemsby. Photo: George Ryan - Credit: Archant

There was a fire in the Seadell Shop in Hemsby. Photo: George Ryan

There was a fire in the Seadell Shop in Hemsby. Photo: George Ryan - Credit: Archant

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus