Help your Norfolk community celebrate the Olympic and Paralympic Games
Communities in Norfolk are being urged to get together to celebrate the Olympic and Paralympic Games this summer.
The London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Locog) has launched its London 2012 'Local Leaders' scheme.
The initiative gives people ideas and tools to bring their friends, family and communities together to help make the most of the London 2012 Games by creating celebrations for their village, town or City around the Olympic and Parlaympic Torch Relays, the 12 week UK-wide London 2012 Festival, or the Olympic and Paralympic sports action.
Joseph Ballard, London 2012 Inspire Programmer for the East of England said: 'The East of England already has an exciting programme ahead of this summer, with community celebrations, Inspire projects, the Get Set education programme and Festival 2012 events engaging with thousands of people across the region.
'Local Leaders allows those celebrating the Games in other ways to be part of official London 2012 history.'
You may also want to watch:
One person who has already become a Local Leader is Acle Parish Council clerk Pauline James. The town has arranged an Acle Olympic Flame Celebration Day on Thursday, July 5.
Ms James said: 'The local community has come together to help organise the event.'
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 7 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
People can sign up to be a Local Leader at www.london2012.com/localleaders.